Sunday, November 8, 2009

A day with friends...


Yesterday was a beautiful autumn day here in Ontario...warm & sunny! My dear friend Kristi & I made the trip to visit another very dear friend, Marianne, at her sanctuary .
Marianne & I met about 5 years ago through a pig rescue & have been friends ever since!
Marianne & Ben have a lovely piece of property & about 25 pigs (pots & big pigs), 2 horses, many dogs(!), cats, ducks, parrots....I hope I didn't leave anyone out!
We talked (& talked....& talked...!!), went for a nice walk to visit the pigs in the fields.
The apple tree still had some apples on the branches so Marianne & Kristi shook most of the apples down & the pigs had a big feast!! It was so funny to watch them running from all over to join in the unexpected afternoon snack!
All in all a great day with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment